Tuesday 26 March 2013

Wonder tornado sky


Ever wonder why the sky turns green before a hail storm, why there are sometimes rings around the moon, if rainmaking efforts really work or who made the first barometer?
These are some of the more than 100Texas A&M’s top weather experts and answered each week in a column called Weather Whys. The free nuggets of weather wisdom have been issued to various media outlets as a weekly service of the Department of Atmospheric Sciences for more than 10 years, and they showcase faculty expertise in a particular area.
I dream a lot.  Just about every night.  Sometimes I write them down when I wake up to avoid the gradual loss of information on what the dream was about and who all was in it.  Lately my dreams have been filled with natural disasters.  Just the other night I dreamed about a hurricane coming through and I was running from a huge rush of water crashing through my street.  I ran to a house that wasn’t my and went inside like an idiot.  The house filled with water and I was suffocating.  I woke up in the middle of the night sweating.  Then just a couple nights ago I dreamed of a tornado ripping through my home town and picking up houses.  I even remember seeing a house in the funnel whirling around like it was in a washing machine.  That was some real Wizard of Oz crap right there.  Wonder what all that stuff in dreams means….any thoughts?
topics posed to

No comments:

Post a Comment